UKC

Tendon rope marker & ducks climbing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Has anyone's used the tendon rope marker pen seems a lot cheaper than beals?

Also any dealings with dicks climbing in Bristol I've never came across them before?
 Timmd 29 Sep 2014
In reply to minus273degrees:

Quack ()

I think there is some research has been done into different pens having neutral or negative effects on different brands of ropes. It could be worth looking into before buying and marking.
 Bluebird 29 Sep 2014

+1 for marker pens specific to each rope manufacturer, but then they would say that wouldn't they.

Dicks gets rave reviews from the local fraternity
 whenry 29 Sep 2014
In reply to minus273degrees: Dick's is a great local shop.
 Simon Pelly 29 Sep 2014

Dicks Climbing is excellent. A true climber's shop - with friendly staff and good advice from their experience

I tend to make it down there to buy things even though there are closer/larger national shops to my home/work.

Martin Bennett 29 Sep 2014

I got a Tendon rope marker from Leeds Wall shop. I've used it to mark two ropes so far. One's a Mammut Phoenix 8mm iceline type rope and the other is my day to day 50m 8.5mm cragging rope - forgotten the make. Both are predominantly blue. The marker is black. Both ropes show some tiny pinkish tinges at the edge of the markings I made.

I'm happy that no substantial deterioration of the rope or it's properties will ensue. I'm also happy to have a middle mark at last.
 Camm 29 Sep 2014
I use the tendon marker on all my ropes. It's holding out well on my winter ropes too...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...