UKC

park running in london

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
pmorris433 03 Oct 2014
Does anybody know a place I could park on Monday morning and go for a run around Regents park or Hampstead Heath after dropping the kids of at St Pancras. I just fancy stretching my legs after driving down from Sheffield.
Then maybe a coffee before heading back up to Sheffield.
 Wilbur 04 Oct 2014
In reply to pmorris433:

You will need to head up to the kenwood house end of the Heath. It's unrestricted parking on the road there.

Head up to highgate village and go down hampstead lane. After about 0.5 mile park up anywhere and the Heath is on your left. Landmarks are a school on your right (keep going past that) and you don't really want to go too far past a road called stormont in terms of parking.

Brilliant running on the Heath, pick your route! I usually head past kenwood heading west and keep trending slightly right at any junctions. I end up on parliament hill. A full loop of the main Heath would probably be 5 miles ish and pretty hilly
 Wilbur 04 Oct 2014
In reply to pmorris433:

Just to expand slightly you will have to pay to park anywhere near regents park and its less interesting also (I run round both regularly!)

Also at highgate you are right on the a1 for getting back up north

Coffee everywhere!
pmorris433 04 Oct 2014
In reply to Wilbur:

Thanks for that looks ok for a leg stretch before heading back up north.
lets hope I survive the red bull steeplechase Sunday morning.
 Dauphin 04 Oct 2014
In reply to pmorris433:

Dump it in town and get the tube up to Hampstead or Belsize park from Kings Cross. Unless you are familiar with driving in London and fancy taking all day to get around - Monday morning - Yikes.

D

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...