UKC

FRI NIGHT VID - Mina-Leslie Wujastyk Interview

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 17 Oct 2014
Night falls over the lake of Tarn Hows, 2 kb

This week's Friday Night Video is an interview with Mina-Leslie Wujastyk filmed by Nick Brown. On 14th October 2014, Mina Leslie-Wujastyk climbed Mecca Extension 8c at Raven Tor in the Peak District. This interview gives an insight into the process Mina went through to climb her hardest sport route to date and the ups and downs of climbing at an elite level.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=69241

john arran 17 Oct 2014
In reply to UKC News:

What an honest and endearing video. Congratulations Mina not just on a fantastic climbing achievement but also for the insight into the motivations, anxieties and rewards involved.
 pauls911 17 Oct 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Many Congratulations! Great Video.

I won't ever be there, but I suggest someone replaces the worn Mamba krab at 1.48ish before it cuts a rope.
See http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=67607

Be lucky!

Joyce 17 Oct 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Proper job! Well stoked for ya, Mina. Now super psyched to go and fall off of my own little project a bit more - bring on Sunday!
 JLS 18 Oct 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Proper inspiring.

nigel pearson 18 Oct 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Really good video. well done.
 TobyA 18 Oct 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Great film - M-L W really is a star; she should totally be a Blue Peter presenter or something as well as a top climber! Did anyone else notice the sound track is a half a second out of sync with the pictures? Noticeable when she is being interviewed directly.
 mark20 18 Oct 2014
In reply to UKC News:

lovely interview
video of Mina on the redpoint here vimeo.com/109289254
great stuff
 jon 18 Oct 2014
In reply to pauls911:

> I won't ever be there, but I suggest someone replaces the worn Mamba krab at 1.48ish before it cuts a rope.

Bear in mind that Mambas are manufactured with a 'rope groove' in them. What you are seeing could well be just a bit of anodising wearing off that groove.
 Michael Gordon 19 Oct 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Great video and interview of a brilliant ascent.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...