UKC

Johnny

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Pete W 12 Oct 2003
No! Dawes! He´s just been here for a couple of weeks taking workshops and setting new problems by the score. Here, not many know him from Adam and find him to be such a nice bloke who´s helpful, encouraging, inspiring, original. He was more relaxed in an environment where he´s not known. Whatever, just talking to him over a mug of tea, never met such a nice bloke. Thanks JD
Jimmy The WHale 12 Oct 2003
In reply to Pete W: Let the Dawes bashing begin....
.well ? What you waiting for ? ?
 Tree Beard 12 Oct 2003
In reply to Pete W:
I was once in the Bosherston and i have to admit i was a little tipsy, but i'm sure i heard Johnny admit that John Dunne might have done Partheon Shot after all.

The Ent
 Fiend 13 Oct 2003
In reply to Tree Beard:

Maybe HE was a little tipsy!!

And what's there to bash?? Awesome climber, very interesting guy. C'est ca.
Jimmy The WHale 13 Oct 2003
In reply to Fiend: Everytime I see his name mentioned on this forum there are normally a list of following posts Johnny bashing.
 Jon Greengrass 13 Oct 2003
In reply to Jimmy th ewhale: bashing? Johnny flicking is far more fun, a bit like flicking rubber bands but with a greater look of disgust on your victims face.
 adam carless 13 Oct 2003
> (In reply to Fiend) Everytime I see his name mentioned on this forum there are normally a list of following posts Johnny bashing.

Why bashing? I don't know the guy, but I've seen/met him a few times at crags (yesterday at Stanage being the most recent!) and he's never been anything but polite, friendly and climbing stunningly well. No huge ego, no chasing people up routes, no "I own the crag" acts, no winges about bumblies.

Nearest I could hear to JD bashing yesterday was people (including me) complaining that he made everything we'd struggled on look easy.
 stonewall 13 Oct 2003
In reply to adam carless:

spot on adam. i saw him solo tippler direct (e3 6a) yesterday. just beautiful to watch. he was v friendly, encouraging as well...
 adam carless 14 Oct 2003
> spot on adam. i saw him solo tippler direct (e3 6a) yesterday. just beautiful to watch. he was v friendly, encouraging as well...

I must have been stood next to you unless he did it a few times

I was the small speccy guy climbing with the loud tall bald guy (sorry James).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...