UKC

Good destination for scuba, climb, cave and ski etc

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Hans 02 Nov 2014
Hi

Thinking of planning a holiday and wanted to know good destinations where I could do all of the above. I don't mind where really, though near Europe would be a good start.

As you can see, I'm looking for a bit of everything.

Cheers
 Sl@te Head 02 Nov 2014
In reply to Hans:
Sardinia would be good for climbing, SCUBA and caving. Further afield Thailand would be good for climbing & SCUBA combo, had a good trip in the summer to Koh Phi Phi and enjoyed the diving and climbing...skiing there was crap though
Post edited at 17:17
 staceyjg 02 Nov 2014
In reply to Hans:
I second both the Sardinia suggestion and the Thailand suggestion. Not sure about the skiing side of things, but climbing and scuba diving great in Thailand, didn't scuba dive but climbed and snorkelled in Sardinia and have been told there's great diving but I've only ever done a taster. From what I have heard there is also caving and canyoning in Sardinia, again, I cant comment first hand as we didn't do any, but at least it gives you a couple of good places to start with! I hope this helps
 tjekel 04 Nov 2014
In reply to Hans:

Oman for scuba, climbing (both trad and sport) and incredible caving. does not tick skiing, and i don't see sardinia as a skiing location either. Korsika may be better in this respect - but if scuba means coral reefs to you ... things get complicated to get reasonable skiing.
 Sl@te Head 04 Nov 2014
In reply to tjekel:

... things get complicated to get reasonable skiing.

Not Europe but New Zealand would cover Skiing + all the other activities.
 Tricky Dicky 04 Nov 2014
In reply to Hans:

Vercours in France??

Decent skiing, loads of caving (English guidebook), climbing and canyoning. Not a lot of diving, but you can dive a big lake in the cave Grotte de Gournier if you fancy something really different http://www.vercors-plongee.com/#/plongee-caverne/2967246 one of the best dives I've ever done
 JJL 04 Nov 2014
In reply to Hans:

Cuba for all but ski.
 ogreville 04 Nov 2014
In reply to Hans:

Liguria in North Western Italy.

Diving in Portofino & Rapallo
Climbing in Finale
Skiing in the maritime Alps just north of the coast
Grotte di Toirano - Cave system
Cinque Terre national park with excellent coastal walks
Cycle up the Colle Di Tenda pass from Ventimiglia

Excellent Focaccia and seafood all along the coast
OP Hans 04 Nov 2014
In reply to Hans:

All excellent suggestions, thanks!
 Blue Straggler 04 Nov 2014
In reply to Hans:

Speaking more from guesswork (especially re: ski and cave) but maybe bits of Slovenia? We flew into Ljubljana in order to drive to northern Croatia for diving and climbing. Ljubljana is surrounded by mountains, don't know how ski-able or how far you need to go for decent diving, but it all looked lovely
 kingborris 04 Nov 2014
In reply to Hans:

California?

Skiing in Tahoe, Mammoth etc
Climbing all over the place
Diving all along the coast

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...