UKC

Rope bag advice

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GridNorth 09 Nov 2014
I'm in the market for a new rope bag but I am torn between the DMM Flight and the Beal Combi Cliff but there are some details about both bags that I cannot establish.

1. What is the difference between the Beal Combi and Beal Combi Cliff?
2. What are the dimensions when loaded of both the Beal bag and the DMM one?
3. Can the bags be compressed, particularly the length. My current sack can't as the back is solid and 56cms long.

The DMM one specifies that it is sized to be suitable as hand baggage on most airlines. It's the "most" that worries me. I'm sure I'm not the only one but the majority of my flights are Easyjet and their max guaranteed hand luggage size, on a full flight, is 50cm length. I have to say that the DMM Flight looks longer than that.

Any views on either bag would also be gratefully received.

In reply to GridNorth:
I had a look at both of these last year. The DMM is just a rucksack with a zip. At least the Beal Combi has the decency to have a ground mat. But in the end I found no reason not to just use any old rucsac and an Ikea bag.
Post edited at 14:41
OP GridNorth 09 Nov 2014
In reply to nickinscottishmountains:

I have to disagree. The DMM Flight includes a tarp and has pockets etc. to help organise things and is hand luggage size for flights as well as having front access to all the contents. I hate having to tip the contents of a sack out onto the ground to get to things at the bottom. I've long been a fan of panel/clam shell style openings on trad sacks for use in the UK but they are fairly rare. I like the idea of the Beal opening at the back but there doesn't look to be much in the way of pockets etc. and it's smaller, 35 litres compared to 45 for the DMM.

Are you sure you are talking about the same sack, it was only released this year?
In reply to GridNorth:

Ah..apologies buddy....wrong product! Oops.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...