UKC

Getting around between Swanage and Weymouth?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tony the Blade 20 Nov 2014

Thinking of doing a sizable run next Sunday, either from Swanage or Weymouth, roughly 30/35km. The problem I have is that I'd like to do a point-to-point rather than out-and-back.

If I start at either town I'll pretty much end up around Lulworth (coming from Swanage) or Kimmeridge (Starting in Weymouth), what's the likelihood of getting back to either start point?

I've tried to Google public transport but it would appear that buses don't actually link the coastal villages, so I thought I'd ask any locals on UKC what they would do.

Thanks, Tony

ps as a back up, I could possibly start at Weymouth and run all the way around Portland.
 james wardle 20 Nov 2014
In reply to Tony the Blade:

If the range at Lulworth is open and you can get across it then there is a bus back to wareham from the Wield Arms. not many in a day thought.

Its quite a nice run from sandbanks to Lulworth along the coast path

have you tried

http://mapping.dorsetforyou.com/TravelDorset/bus/map

If you cant find a Bus back there is a really nice circular route out along the swanage coast and back on the line of hills from corfe to studland, I would almost recommend this over a bus

all the best
In reply to james wardle:

Thanks James, I'm liking the look of your circuit, and at roughly 17 miles is just about right for me.

Would you go clockwise and take the sea views first before the ridge at Corfe, or anti-clockwise and get the big stuff out of the way first?

Thanks again
 smithg 21 Nov 2014
In reply to Tony the Blade:

Weymouth to Lulworth then straight inland to Wool station. After the first 1km it's all down hill.
In reply to smithg:

Good choice - but surely not all downhill from 1km? Undulating maybe?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...