UKC

Filthy climbing wall holds.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 g1m147 21 Nov 2014
After realizing enough people are concerned about touching dirty holds, I've come up with a solution.

Imagine one of those sticks that boulderers have, with a toothbrush on the end, in the shape of a big question mark. Instead of a toothbrush there's a disinfectant sponge.

The idea is to strap the stick to the climbers back with the bottom of it tucked into their harness, to help with handling / positioning of the sponge end.
As the climber climbs, they move their body to position the sponge onto required holds, and with a quick wiggle of their bum, hey presto the hold is cleaned before being touched.

This is a win win solution. Stronger fingers due to spending longer on routes. Improved core strength due constantly shifting body positions. And best of all it will look like everyone is "twerking" their way up the routes.

All I need now is financial backing. Any takers?

Gary.
 rallymania 21 Nov 2014
In reply to g1m147:

hell yeah, i'll have a bit of that investment action... what do you need? i have £2.35 in my pocket... i'll want 51% share in your company for that though!

RichardMc 21 Nov 2014
In reply to g1m147:
Oi'l give it foive (wink)
Post edited at 08:45
 Hat Dude 21 Nov 2014
In reply to g1m147:

> As the climber climbs, they move their body to position the sponge onto required holds, and with a quick wiggle of their bum, hey presto the hold is cleaned before being touched.

> And best of all it will look like everyone is "twerking" their way up the routes.

Never mind the hold disinfectant; I now need some mind bleach!
 Billy the fish 21 Nov 2014
In reply to g1m147:

That would just kill the bugs, you'll need to apply a good lathering of soap too.
 Si_G 22 Nov 2014
In reply to g1m147:

Hahaha. It's like this at Climbing works - don't wear your shoes outside! FFs.
Yeah, I'll splash for a special indoors only pair. It's smooth rubber! It's not hiding sheepshit in the treads.
They clearly never climbed at The Edge, which was like getting all your vaccinations at once.
ANd the stench from the urinals blew your beanie hat off.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...