UKC

Kalymnos februrary

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 eivindf 21 Nov 2014
Hello

Would it be possible to climb lots in February, or is it too cold, rainy or windy for that? Would like to include it in an extensive climbing trip, and February seems like the only month possible for us.

Also, any cheap acommodation open in Missouri in winter?
 Emilio Bachini 23 Nov 2014
In reply to eivindf:
Accommodation can be found for very cheap, half or sometimes a third of the cost of high season prices, though you will be a lot more limited on places to stay. Also, not that many shops will be open if any around Missouri, so you'll need transport or be doing a lot of your own cooking.

The rock was generally good when I was there this year in February, though places like Ghost Kitchen, Panorama and Sikati Cave were wet in places for about 2 months. By no means is there a shortage of things to climb and some routes are definitely still manageable when a little wet.

It can get cold, bring warm clothing. If you're in the shade and the wind from the North is blowing, it can be pretty chilly. We chose to get out slightly later rather than earlier, to allow the air to warm up and so we weren't goosed by the time the glorious sunshine arrived.

I think that's covered everything, let us know if you have any more questions.

Emilio.
Post edited at 00:43
 tjekel 23 Nov 2014
In reply to ebachini:

As far as i understand, artemis studios should be open year round. You might want to arrange scooter rental in advance.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...