UKC

Anyone doing the Dorset Coastal Trail Series next weekend?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Pete Houghton 29 Nov 2014

Afternoon everyone,

I don't suppose anyone is running the Endurancelife CTS in Dorset next weekend? Or even if anyone has run it in previous years?

http://www.endurancelife.com/event-new.asp?series=85&location=275
Post edited at 15:01
In reply to Pete Houghton:
I ran it (the 1/2 distance) a couple of years ago. It was the first and only race I'd ever done where they staggered the start, with the self selected faster runners going off 5 mins before the rest. This was on account of a bunch of stiles and other bottlenecks in the first few KM. Anyway, the first half was great running with the sea on your right, short but steep climbs and descents. The second half was a bit dreary by comparison. But on the whole an excellent event as long as you're not counting on well stocked refreshment stations (which seems to piss many people off given the entry fee) and take a carry your own approach.
Post edited at 14:47
OP Pete Houghton 22 Dec 2014
In reply to QuarryKid:

Thanks for the reply, now having done it a few weeks ago I agree - the refreshment stations could have been a bit more imaginative! I'd have killed for a mug of flat, room-temperature coke.

Really pretty setting, it's just a shame that the people on the big jog had to do one of the loops three times to make up the distance... and a friend of mine ran the half, which ended up being 16 miles instead of 13... a lot of people were a bit shocked at that!

Great race, and all the stewards were so lovely. I won "Best Hair", as voted for by at least seven different people.
OP Pete Houghton 11 Jan 2015
In reply to Pete Houghton:

Hello everyone,

I've had some other things on my plate recently, but I finally wrote a little bit about this rather long day out. If you like stories about chalk and masochism, then this is the read for you!

https://altitudinalnoodles.wordpress.com/2015/01/11/trail-running-dorset-ul...

Cheers chaps, all the best.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...