UKC

Hair driers?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Lemming 30 Nov 2014
My twenty something niece has asked for a hairdryer for Christmas.

Seeing as both Miss Lemming and myself don't possess such a device, I am at a loss as to what is a good dryer.

I'd appreciate any suggestions up to £50.

Cheers muchly
 marsbar 30 Nov 2014
In reply to The Lemming:

I'm not sure how much use the ukc women will be on this subject. I only ever use the car heating air vent to dry mine.

I will investigate the child's bedroom if I can get in there.
OP The Lemming 30 Nov 2014
In reply to marsbar:

As you know I would never presume to make a sexist comment, for comedic effect, so I am sure a fop or two may be able to advise also.

I'm guessing that too few on this site would even admit to owning a hairdryer as they do not have a fall factor rating in newtons.

Yanis Nayu 30 Nov 2014
In reply to The Lemming:

£50 on your niece? Jesus - I don't spend that much on my missus. I reckon tramps have more money than I do.
 wilkie14c 30 Nov 2014
In reply to The Lemming:
They suffer like everything else nowadays with branding - look for the GHD brand, anything else is second rate in the eyes of most young women!

(GHD = good hair day)
In reply to Malcolm Tucker's Sweary Aunt:

> I reckon tramps have more money than I do.

You say the nicest of things.

In reply to wilkie14c:

> look for the GHD brand, anything else is second rate in the eyes of most young women!

I shall check out some GHD stuff.

Cheers

girlymonkey 30 Nov 2014
In reply to The Lemming:
Tell her that it's better for her hair to dry naturally, so you are doing her a favour by not getting her one!
(I always laugh on my annual hairdressers visit, when they remark on how good the condition of my hair is. I tell them that I have never dyed it, don't use any potions other than shampoo, only wash it max twice a week, and don't dry it or straighten it. They agree that this is why my hair is so good, and then try to plaster all sorts of rubbish into my hair after cutting it, and try to dry it!! Nearly time for that annual cut again soon
Post edited at 19:39
In reply to girlymonkey:

> Tell her that it's better for her hair to dry naturally, so you are doing her a favour by not getting her one!

My niece is one of those feminine types that has a total fear of anywhere that is not within 2 meters of an electric plug. Nothing wrong with that as she has chosen her habitat, and after living in student squalor for several years, wants a bit of luxury.

Poor thing has just graduated and started working as a teacher.

Its the least that I can do.
 Skipinder 30 Nov 2014
In reply to The Lemming:
Carol Kirkwood armed with a bottle of DP '96 and a towel gets my hair sorted
Post edited at 20:31
In reply to Skipinder:

Dude,

This is my niece we're talking about.

Lets keep the smut out of it.

Please.
 Skipinder 30 Nov 2014
In reply to The Lemming:

Dom Perignon never has, or will, be smutty!
OP The Lemming 01 Dec 2014
In reply to wilkie14c:

Just seen the price of ghd stuff.

Think I will have to envoke the Yorkshire Warcry of....

How Much?
 mmmhumous 01 Dec 2014
In reply to The Lemming:

t'wife also recommends GHDs, but given tesco's finest (might be babylis) has done her proud for at least 3 years and only cost £30-40, I wouldn't bother. Just pick one with a high wattage and a diffuser from a decent electrical brand (not a salon name).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...