UKC

Sea shell

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 James Rushforth Global Crag Moderator 14 Dec 2014
Not really suitable for UKC but particularly chuffed with this photo taken on friday night: https://www.flickr.com/photos/104635722@N04/16014730205/in/photostream/ligh... . Made the two hours of freezing on the coast worthwhile.
 Russell Lovett 14 Dec 2014
In reply to James Rushforth: prest the info button but no settings coming up, what settings did you use. Nice shot by the way.

In reply to James Rushforth:

Nice one.
 The Potato 14 Dec 2014

tis very good, although i prefer the next one - without star trails
 Alyson 14 Dec 2014

Fantastic. I love the way the curves of the star trails echo the curves of the shell.
OP James Rushforth Global Crag Moderator 15 Dec 2014

Thanks very much all

Russell - I used 80 photos taken over a 40 minute (ish) window. The individual shots were taken at 2.8, Iso 640 with a 30 second exposure.

Ow-arm - Thanks! I usually prefer a star field to a star trail, but in this case I think I prefer the first one.
 Fraser 15 Dec 2014
Excellent shot(s) but am struggling to figure out why it looks quite so huge compared to the surrounding pebbles, even at 15mm.

Edit: Doh, missed the bit about it being a sculpture, sorry!
Post edited at 12:59
alanbill99 18 Dec 2014

Nice shot James. I've never tried doing multiple shots and combining them. Do you combine them in camera or use something like photoshop ?
 The Lemming 18 Dec 2014

For a split second I thought this was taken in Cleveley's near Blackpool. But then I noticed the pebbles. I'm guessing that there are loads of these shells dotted around the coast?

Excellent shot. I shall try and rip your idea off with the shell up my neck of the woods.

OP James Rushforth Global Crag Moderator 18 Dec 2014
In reply to Fraser:

Ha ha, that would be one big shell!

Alanbill99 - I combine them in PS. There's lots of stacking software about but I prefer PS. You can edit the layers individually to remove the inevitable plane trails etc. Then merge at the end. You can also process all the RAW files together as well, just keeps it easy.

The Lemming - This was taken in Cleveley's, am up your way atm until New Year. If I see someone sulking around at night I'll know how it is .
 mikehike 18 Dec 2014

James, thats a real nice Gallery you have. Beautiful Landscapes .
 IM 19 Dec 2014

cracking shot !
OP James Rushforth Global Crag Moderator 19 Dec 2014
In reply to mikehike:

Thanks very much Mike and Mac
 shaun walby 20 Dec 2014

A finely crafted lovely image...good work James.
 wilkie14c 20 Dec 2014

Excellent shot, well done. Mary's shell at Cleveleys, I know it well and have a few photos of it myself but not in the same league as yours obviously!
For those that don't know it:
http://www.visitcleveleys.co.uk/about/seafront/marys-shell.php

did you see the troll down at the end of the breakwater in the same area?
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78807491@N00/12572959523
OP James Rushforth Global Crag Moderator 20 Dec 2014
In reply to wilkie14c:

Thanks Shaun and Wilkie.

It's a great sculpture ay, I was very impressed when I first saw it.

I did notice the troll. Was a bit creepy at night under torch light! Is that your photo in the Flickr link? Is an excellent effort and very nice gallery if so! Will have to have a go at it myself.
 wilkie14c 20 Dec 2014

I wish it was! No, my snaps have got the kiddie winks climbing all over the troll and not worthy of uploading lol

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...