UKC

New Wyndcliffe Quarry routes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 sideshow84 29 Dec 2014
Noticed there are at least 3 new bolted routes popped up at the Quarry, any chance anyone knows any details? or at least when details will come out?

cheers
Removed User 29 Dec 2014
In reply to sideshow84:

Yes, there seem to have been four new ones in the last few months. Details here: http://www.climbers-club.co.uk/information-summary-list/new-routes-archive/...
OP sideshow84 29 Dec 2014
In reply to Removed UserJohn Willson:

Cheers John
 bpmclimb 02 Jan 2015
In reply to sideshow84:

As far as I can tell ……..

There are three new lines on the Upper Lift which don't appear in the UKC database. The two adjacent routes some 30m left from the top of the ascent path are Red Ken (6b) on the left, and Boris (6b) on the right. The most recently added Three Amigos (6b+) is 15m further right. I may have a look at these three today on shunt and update the UKC database later.

On the lower lift, the only new(ish) route appears to be Timmy's Poorly Hand (7b) which is already in the UKC database.

On the Roadside Tier, the newish routes Eeyore's Place and Fraxinus Excelsior are on UKC, but the newer routes Performance Review and Ace of Shovels are not.
 bpmclimb 02 Jan 2015
In reply to bpmclimb:

Shunted the 3 lines on the Upper Lift today ……..

Red Ken and Boris, which share a lower-off, are actually about 50m left of the top of the ascent path, and only about 10m high. Red Ken seems fair at 6b; Boris is more sustained and is perhaps 6b+. I pulled a small jammed block off near the start of Boris which furnished a useful hold, and the start is now a little harder.

Three Amigos is about 10m left of the top of the ascent path. I removed a loose pillar/block just right of the bolt line: this has changed the moves slightly, but the route remains climbable at the same grade. 6b+ would seem about right - and the climbing is actually pretty good.
OP sideshow84 02 Jan 2015
In reply to bpmclimb:

Thanks for your inputs, sounds like they are still settling with rock coming off, but this is to be expected i guess.

I look forward to trying them out.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...