UKC

NEWS: Fight or flight, 9b, by Jakob Schubert

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 31 Dec 2014
Jakob Schubert on Fight or flight, 9b, Oliana, Spain, 6 kbOn the last day of 2014 which happened to be his 24th birthday, Jakob Schubert made the 3rd ascent of Chris Sharma's Fight or flight, 9b, at Oliana, Spain.
According to French sources who are in the know, via Kairn's Pierre Délas. the news reached me on New year's Eve, Austrian World Cup champion...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=69406
 stp 01 Jan 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Amazing. Only Ondra and Sharma have climbed that grade as far as I know so that's quite an achievement. Though Alex Megos did spend 5 days on one project but only gave it 9a. Given the fact he's onsighted that grade and did Biographie in a day you have to wonder about the difficulty of that route.
 progrupicola 01 Jan 2015
In reply to stp:

Some years ago, Dani Andrada sent a couple of 9b Boulder-routes in the cave of Ali-baba, in Rodellar. One of them repeated & comfirmed by Magnus Mitboe.
Also, there's Akira (another Boulder-route) climbed by Fred Rouhling back in '95 ??
Agree on what you've said about Alex Megos though.
Cheers & Happy new year to everyone!
 Toccata 02 Jan 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Akira's an interesting story. Still unrepeated but I wonder how many have been on it, being somewhat off the beaten track?

More on topic, it is nice to see the extreme high quality of climbers on the competition circuit being confirmed.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...