UKC

Ebay delivery via Argos

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mypyrex 02 Jan 2015
On Boxing Day I ordered an item on ebay to be delivered for collection at my local branch of Argos. The order details said that it would be available for collection on 31st December and that the order was "being processed" and that I would receive confirmation when the item was available for collection. I would have assumed that the seller would take account of the Christmas/New Year period when specifying the date it would be available.

I've not heard anything since; has anyone else used this method of delivery and had any problems with it?
In reply to mypyrex:

Not experienced it with e-bay, but recently bought something fairly bulky via Amazon with collection from my local Argos. I collected on the exact day it was promised.
OP mypyrex 02 Jan 2015
In reply to Lord of Starkness:

I'll see what tomorrow brings.
 Dax H 02 Jan 2015
In reply to mypyrex:

Ebay estimated delivery dates are a waste of space. They are automatically generated based on the delivery option selected by the seller and don't seem to take in to account holidays though they do take weekends in to account.
Also they are dependent on the seller actually posting the item in a timely fashion.
I would message the guy and ask for confirmation of dispatch.
 digby 02 Jan 2015
In reply to mypyrex:

Seems to work ok. Wait for the email from ebay that it is ready to collect from Argos, rather than any tracking info or emails from the supplier, otherwise things get confusing. The email from ebay will have a code number that will keep the Argoids happy.
In reply to mypyrex:

> I would have assumed that the seller would take account of the Christmas/New Year period when specifying the date it would be available.

It is not the seller who sets the delivery dates it is ebay and those dates are completely unrealistic. Ebay were still showing estimated delivery dates to arrive in time for Christmas two days after the Royal Mail's published last posting date had passed. The ebay click and collect system has turnd into an absolute farce due to eBay's unrealistic delivery dates and Argos losing and/or damaging so many parcels. With two such shambolic companies working together it was inevitable that it would be an absolute disaster.

Co1in H 03 Jan 2015
In reply to mypyrex: I picked up one of my ebay orders yesterday from Argos. Delivery was exactly as stated and within the timescale given.
The important thing is to have the email/text before attempting to pick up, then its hassle free.
No email or text saying that the item is ready for pick up, don't bother trying.
Just for interest:
An arse tried to pick up an item at the store where my daughter works under the click and collect system. He had no mail confirming it had arrived but caused a load of hassle and was outstandingly rude. The store is just a drop off point, nothing more. Needless to say they couldn't give him his order as they didn't have it. He came in the next day with his email on his phone confirming that he could pick up and was given his item as it had arrived that morning. No apology, nothing.

OP mypyrex 03 Jan 2015
In reply to Co1in H et al: Pleased to say item arrived today. All ok.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...