UKC

Looks like there will be a new wall in Inverness!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
ClimbInverness 05 Jan 2015
Hi all,
I posted a link for a survey a few months ago but surprisingly already have the best of news form Duncan MacCallum who many of you will know from Ratho... He asked us whether we would like to help him with his project of developing of a wall in Inverness - and what else than a big loud YES could we have said!? Here is his statement which we shared on Facebook on Christmas Eve:

"To Climb Inverness

Dear Climb Inverness, some exciting Xmas news. For 24 months I have been quietly investigating the potential of developing a climbing centre worthy of Inverness and the Highland region. For the past 6 months my small team and I have been negotiating with the owners of a site on Stadium Road near the Inverness Marina. I am pleased to say that we find ourselves in position to progress with this project. We have gained support in principle from the MCofS, HIE and UHI.

We will be working with these groups to secure the necessary support in order that we can deliver a climbing and adventure sports facility for the City and the Highlands.

Over the coming months as the plan progresses we will release details of the scope and scale of the project when the process allows.

On the Climb Inverness FB page we are going to be asking some quite specific questions about wall usage etc. in order that we can build a clearer picture to strengthen our case.

I hope that you will be willing to participate in this process and also help build the audience for this Facebook page so we can keep the climbing and mountaineering community in the loop. Spread the word and share this note.

In the meantime have a great Christmas and happy New Year.

Yours Duncan McCallum"

If you want to be kept in the loop about all the latest developments, follow us on Facebook where we will be sharing all the latest news as they occur!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...