UKC

'Stoked'

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 sim.monkey 20 Jan 2015
vimeo.com/117217689

Video of the 2nd ascent of Huffys new problem on the Boulderfield, Portland. Some really good new stuff going up on the Isle and the new guide is something to be excited about. I think people will be taken aback by the quantity AND quality down in Dorset. Bet im going to get some stick from grit people for saying that. You should check it out though..
 Durbs 21 Jan 2015
In reply to sim.monkey:

Is this the same boulderfield below the cuttings, or the new one being developed further east along the coast?
 RockSteady 21 Jan 2015
In reply to sim.monkey:

I'm quite a fan of the Cuttings Boulderfield, have had some good days down there. Some of the problems are really quality. Some are utter choss mind you!

Relativity, Pinky Power, Secret Handshake, The Crack stand out as particularly good ones I've climbed.

Is there a newer guide than this: http://www.rockfax.com/climbing-guides/miniguides/portland-bouldering-cutti...

And where can I get it from?
 johnl 21 Jan 2015
In reply to sim.monkey:

Nice video and looked a good problem. I gather that a full Portland bouldering guide is imminent and likely to be big, can't wait.
Removed User 21 Jan 2015
In reply to sim.monkey:

That looks really nice Sim. Good job Paul. It's amazing how much is still coming out of the boulderfield. I miss getting out there and this is helping the stoke.
 Maestro 21 Jan 2015
In reply to sim.monkey:

It's a shame that the massive dab on the bush voids this ascent.
 cha1n 21 Jan 2015
In reply to sim.monkey:

Congratulations on the FA.

I must admit that I'm not a fan myself. There's not much volume in the higher grades, it's OK for the odd trip until you have nothing left to do and it's all a bit short and uninspiring, albeit in a great location.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...