UKC

(Hilarious) beginner looking for a Westway climbing buddy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
thompsongirl 26 Jan 2015
Canadian female 36 into Will Ferrell comedies, travel and house/techno seeks like-minded buddy of any gender/age to climb with at Westway.

Yeah so... I've been going stir-crazy in this city looking for more outdoorsy things to do, deeply jealous (resentful) of my friends who live in Switzerland and missing the great Canadian outdoors insanely (as well as missing outdoorsy people, which London seems somewhat skimpy on compared, again, to Canada, where murderous polar bears roam freely through the city streets). Went on a beginner's climbing course at Westway and feel like I've found my spiritual homeland (needs more techno though). I'm pretty athletic and can climb 5 pretty consistently but mostly have no idea what I'm doing and hopefully there's someone out there who approach this with me with a similar sense of humour. I'm far from perfect at this but I really like it.

I'd like to start attending the Club Night on Mondays 7-9 and I'd really like someone to climb with on Sunday, February 8th. Then I go skiing for a week on February 14th but then I'm good to go for the indefinite future.

climbwhenready 26 Jan 2015
In reply to thompsongirl:

The London Mountaineering Club meet at the Westway on Tuesdays (and have a regular outdoor programme) - you may find it interesting? And are really friendly!

http://www.meetup.com/ClimbingInLondon/
http://www.londonmountaineeringclub.com
 machino 26 Jan 2015

Hello! Where are you based? Do you ever go to The Castle?
 nufkin 26 Jan 2015

> into Will Ferrell comedies

Is being of like mind in this particular regard a key point?
In reply to nufkin:

> Is being of like mind in this particular regard a key point?

Always good fun to quote!

See what I've done here ????
thompsongirl 27 Jan 2015
In reply to machino:

Sorry.. I posted the message and then got pummelled by work. I've never been to The Castle but I'm based in W2 so it's not exactly far. PM me!
thompsongirl 27 Jan 2015
In reply to nufkin:

Ha ha... I just feel like someone who doesn't find Will Ferrell funny was born without a laugher gene... what DO you find funny? (if not the genius of Anchorman)
 nufkin 27 Jan 2015

> I just feel like someone who doesn't find Will Ferrell funny was born without a laugher gene... what DO you find funny? (if not the genius of Anchorman)

I've always sort of thought that maybe Will Ferrell had been born without the laughter gene. I'd choose Taladega Nights over Anchorman, but even then it's Gary Cole I find funniest.

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh, and ought to watch Anchorman again to see if I missed something
thompsongirl 28 Jan 2015
In reply to nufkin:

So what DO you find funny? Funniest movies and people... GO!

Family Guy, American Dad and the like... So inappropriate and hilarious undertones.
 Kimono 28 Jan 2015
In reply to nufkin:

> ought to watch Anchorman again to see if I missed something

don't bother, nothing to see there

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...