UKC

Summit to Sea: Ski Touring in Norway

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 27 Jan 2015
Warm up lunges in the car park, 3 kbMike's email captured my interest immediately. Would I be interested in hiring a camper van and ski touring in Norway at the start of April? How could anyone decline such an offer? I leapt at the chance. Adventure, world class powder, enticing terrain, stunning views and stories to embellish forever more await those who break from mainstream touring in the European Alps.

Will Nicholls writes about ski touring and road-tripping in a camper van around the picturesque Lyngen Alps

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=7014
 Mike-W-99 27 Jan 2015
In reply to UKC Articles:

Great article, we did a week touring based near tromso. Car to car touring every day and some bonus northern lights too.
 TobyA 27 Jan 2015
In reply to UKC Articles:

Nice one - We Die Alone is indeed pretty amazing reading to do when up in the area and seeing the terrain he traveled through and survived!

I'd be interested to know more about which hills they skied - just in Lyngen? Or Tromsø Fastland too? I think from one of the pics they must have done one of the hills across Storfjord from Lyngen too.

The campervan sounds rather economic and option, but there are plenty of rental possibilities for houses in Lyngen too. Of course you'd still need to hire a car though, so would be pricier than Will's clever method.

Good article! Although far too many people are going to Lyngen these days, so everyone can stop advertising it.
 JuneBob 28 Jan 2015
In reply to TobyA:
Yes, and it means many of those rental houses are filling up quickly leaving only the pricey ones.

I went last Easter, did Daltinden, Store Kjostinden, Kjelvagtinden, Russelvfjellet, Langdalstinden, Store Jægervasstindene and Fugledalsfjellet.

We didn't make it to all the summits as the conditions were difficult.

Planning to go again in May this year to try some of the couloirs.

Good to know the campervan approach can work, thought about getting a boat so we can ski from that instead

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...