UKC

am i being too pedantic about the roaches area?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mark s 05 Feb 2015
on facebook this page encourages pictures of leek and the surrounding area,very good i thought until i started reading the descriptions.
it really winds me up when someone even from leek posts a picture of hen cloud and captions it the roaches.
they rave away about how stunning their local area is but havent got the dignity to at least learn the names of the crags.i corrected one woman that thats actually Hen Cloud,she replied saying i was a 'no it all' .i didnt pick her up on that bit,but did say it has been known as Hen Cloud for hundreds of years and has never been known as the Roaches.

i dont think i am wrong to pick up on it,would you do the same?

https://www.facebook.com/BeautifulLeek
In reply to mark s:

> i dont think i am wrong to pick up on it,would you do the same?

It really depends on what sort of day I was having as to whether I would do the same .
On a bad day I'd point it out and pretend I'm being helpful until insulted. Then gloves off. Once the woman replied you were a "no it all" I wouldn't have been able to pass up the opportunity to belittle her. Probably would have made matters worse though.

On a good day I wouldn't care in the slightest.

Adam Long 05 Feb 2015
In reply to mark s:

You are a terrible no it all Mark. I bet the good folk to your west love it when you call Sutton Common 'Macc hill' too.
Removed User 05 Feb 2015
In reply to mark s:

No you're spot on. I always annoys me when folk talk about Glendessery and Glen Garry as being Knoydart.
 Offwidth 05 Feb 2015
In reply to Adam Long:

Is 'no it all' a typo or a pun?
 Adam Long 05 Feb 2015
In reply to Offwidth:

I don't no Steve, I'm just following Mark's lead for fear of being corrected like that poor woman.
OP mark s 05 Feb 2015
In reply to Offwidth:

thats how she put it.she must be from the haregate part of leek
OP mark s 05 Feb 2015
In reply to mark s:

the first picture on there is of Ramshaw,but the bloke calls it the Roaches.i can feel a correction coming on
 Andy Say 05 Feb 2015
In reply to mark s:

It really winds me up when people are incapable of punctuating properly. Not only putting in the dots an' stuff but actually bothering to use capital letters where appropriate. And spelling too.

'i dont think i am wrong to pick up on it,would you do the same?'

P.S. No I am not wound up it the teensiest bit by what people on farcebook caption their photies. Its THEIR choice.
 Dave the Rave 05 Feb 2015
In reply to mark s:
I may have this wrong, but as I'm aware, the Roaches is the term for Hen Cloud, the Five clouds and Ramshaw Rocks?
OP mark s 06 Feb 2015
In reply to andyathome:

sort you're Profile out,then .

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...