UKC

NEWS: Chimera Extension: New 8c link for Ellis Butler-Barker

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 06 Feb 2015
Chimera Extension: New 8c link for Ellis Butler-Barker, 4 kbOn Tuesday 3rd February Ellis Butler-Barker completed a new 8c link-up at Anstey's Cove called Chimera Extension. The line follows Chimera 8b+ and then continues up the top section of Tuppence Ha'penny 8b+.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=69482
 JLS 06 Feb 2015
In reply to UKC News:

>"...my longest project yet. It took 5 full sessions of trying and 9 redpoint attempts"

Did anyone else laugh at that?
Surely single digits isn't really trying...
In reply to JLS:

It took me more than that to do my first 7a.
 teddy 06 Feb 2015
This is a nails link for sure, nice one Ellis!

Sean Kelly 06 Feb 2015
In reply to UKC News:
It's the middle of the coldest spell of the winter, and it is winter down here in Torquay this week, and the young lad has stripped off down to his waist! I don't even expose bare flesh at the wall, and that's indoors and heated to 70+ degrees! I know all about this better friction when it's cold but flashing the torso, how does that help get up what must be a very hard problem indeed? Now perhaps if I strip off my top next time at the crag instead of donning another 15 tog Everest duvet, then I might just manage that E1 I've been after for so long. Brrrr.....!
Post edited at 18:00
In reply to Sean Kelly:

Haha! That photo was from last summer I think.
 Justin T 09 Feb 2015
In reply to Sean Kelly:

English Riviera - I was there yesterday and climbed topless, as did several others. Rock warm to the touch...
 Sean Kelly 09 Feb 2015
In reply to Beastly Squirrel:

He started up it last summer....? I've heard of working routes but that is so massive!
 c_warner 09 Feb 2015
In reply to Sean Kelly:
Ellis did the original route 'Chimera' in June 2014... that photo was taken back then.
It seems you haven't read the article but Ellis had 5 sessions in total on the extension. Three sessions last August on the route and then two sessions this year so its not very long at all...
Post edited at 17:39
 GeorgT 09 Feb 2015
In reply to UKC News:

So frickin strong!!

Keep at it, and big respect
 Cusco 10 Feb 2015
In reply to c_warner:

Charlotte - whilst I admire your loyalty to Ellis, I fear that you may have misunderstood Sean's post and taken things a little too literally and seriously!

Well done Ellis.

Just Brian to go. And then those crazy hard projects around Ferocity which have been there for years.

And well done Pete for crushing Chimera on Sunday.

Reversing the Postman Pat crux looks flipping nails.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...