UKC

Pavlovian responses in people?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JJL 06 Feb 2015
I have a cunning plan.

Everytime the missus is in the loo having a wee, I will ring a bell......

Will it work?

How long will I have to do it?
 Yanis Nayu 06 Feb 2015
In reply to JJL:

Every time my dog drools I ring a bell.
In reply to JJL:

I have 'trained' the kids to need a sh1t every time I get in the bath. If I knew how, maybe I could untrain them.....

What you really need is a code word: try whispering ' business' every time she's on the bog. Eventually, you'll be able to shout it in shopping centres and crowded tube trains.
 Tom Valentine 06 Feb 2015
In reply to Martin not maisie:
Easy peasy.

On UKC all you need to do is type "Daily Mail".

Or "Tesco".
Post edited at 19:20
 Thrudge 06 Feb 2015
In reply to Tom Valentine:

Or declare your love for Jesus.
In reply to Tony Naylor:

> Or declare your love for Jesus.

How does declaring your love for Jesus make your wife wee in public? There've been a lot of changes in the C of E since I left Sunday School.
 Timmd 09 Feb 2015
In reply to Martin not maisie:
> I have 'trained' the kids to need a sh1t every time I get in the bath. If I knew how, maybe I could untrain them.....

> What you really need is a code word: try whispering ' business' every time she's on the bog. Eventually, you'll be able to shout it in shopping centres and crowded tube trains.

Whoever it was posted about installing another toilet as soon as he had kids made me chuckle, he said it was the only place he could get any peace.

If you always have a bath at certain times of day, that might explain the pattern.
Post edited at 23:15
 Timmd 09 Feb 2015
> Easy peasy.

> On UKC all you need to do is type "Daily Mail".

> Or "Tesco".

Argh...must resist....have you actually read the paper? It's horrible. It's mysoganistic, homophobic and creepy about girls in their early to mid teens.

I'd not clean my bike bits with it in case they seemed tainted. At least Tesco give a set amount per litre of milk to their dairy farmers.
Post edited at 23:27
 Timmd 09 Feb 2015
> Easy peasy.

> On UKC all you need to do is type "Daily Mail".

> Or "Tesco".

Here you go, this (in part) explains my aversion to the paper at least, I can't speak for anybody else. I'm not the kind who looks down on people who buy it to feel superiour, though.

http://www.themediablog.co.uk/the-media-blog/2013/01/daily-mail-turns-the-c...

http://www.themediablog.co.uk/the-media-blog/2013/01/the-daily-mail-all-gro...
Post edited at 23:33
 Tom Valentine 09 Feb 2015
In reply to Timmd:
It depends how you define "read" (past tense.)

I have been familiar with the paper over the last forty years and I skim read it every Saturday along with a copy of the Daily Express and I can't see a jot of difference between them.

What annoys me on UKC is the way in which some contributors use the Daily Mail as a sort of lazy shorthand for a set of values which they don't happen to agree with. If they were to include the Express in their critique it would be a bit more fair.

It's a bit like people slagging Tesco off, then going to fill their trolley at Sainsbury's.

Anyway, people in my village are still boycotting the Sun, not that this will mean much to most UKC ers....
Post edited at 23:59
 Timmd 10 Feb 2015
If that's because of Hilsborough I don't blame them for boycotting the Sun.

Post edited at 00:06
 lowersharpnose 10 Feb 2015

Pit village?
Removed User 10 Feb 2015
In reply to Timmd:
> Whoever it was posted about installing another toilet as soon as he had kids made me chuckle, he said it was the only place he could get any peace.

Ahhhh, if only this were true. I have 3 bogs but it simply doesn't matter where or when I go to take a dump, one of them will find me and want in.
Post edited at 02:45
In reply to Removed User:

I got up for a wee last night, about 4.30am...creeky floorboards make this a dangerous pastime re kids.

Sat on loo (always do for middle of night p1sses) and I hear in the dark "Daddy, why are you sitting down to do a wee wee?"

Arrrrggghhh!
 Tom Valentine 10 Feb 2015
In reply to lowersharpnose:

...former...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...