UKC

INTERVIEW: Katharsis - New Route on Troll Wall

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 19 Feb 2015
Katharsis, 4 kbTwo Polish climbers - Marcin Tomaszewski and Marek Reganowicz - recently topped out on a 19-day project on Troll Wall in Norway, where they climbed a new route named Katharsis.

We managed to get in touch with Marek who was keen to answer some questions about the climb.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=69520
 Kemics 20 Feb 2015
In reply to UKC News:

That looks incredibly grim. Polish people make some tough climbers

Mick Ward 20 Feb 2015
In reply to Kemics:

> That looks incredibly grim.

Agreed. I met a Norwegian guy in Spain, who lives down the valley from the Troll Wall. He was seriously hard and delightfully wacky - an endearing combination. He'd done loads of rescues there (three in one day once, if I remember correctly). After listening to a few of his tales, wild horses wouldn't get me up there. And in winter? Shudder!

> Polish people make some tough climbers...

They certainly seem to, the 1980s in the Himalaya being one example that comes to mind. And, my God, they fought as hard as you could ever fight in World War II. Gutsy people - not afraid of hard work either.

Mick
 Casa Alfredino 21 Feb 2015
In reply to Kemics:
As a pole whom I spent 8 hours in a car with a few years ago said, when you're sandwiched between the russians and the Germans, you end up being tough, crazy bastards...
Post edited at 17:02

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...