UKC

Thanks for the walking poles - Ballahilish Horseshoe

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 deanr 20 Feb 2015
Thanks very much to the kind samaritan who lent me his walking poles coming off the Ballahulish horseshoe. I had slipped coming down from the belach and twisted my ankle. I'm not sure we would have made it if you hadn't been so kind. I think you tried to pick up your sticks the Glencoe YH, but we had 't arrived back by that time. I have left your sticks on recpetion with the finest biscuits that Ballahulish Co-op can offer.

Thanks also to the guy who gave me some 'brufin and also to everyone else who stopped with concern.

I went to A&E in Fort William today and they told me I have broken it . My annual winter climbing trip is over....
 Michael Gordon 20 Feb 2015
In reply to deanr:

Bad luck! Good effort getting off the hill though.
 Tricadam 21 Feb 2015
In reply to Michael Gordon:

I second that. Good effort! I've got some dihydrocodeine and diclofenac in my first aid kit for just such eventualities. Unfortunately the hip flask (probably more useful) has been left behind of late in the name of gram counting.
Removed User 21 Feb 2015
In reply to deanr:

Good effort indeed!
OP deanr 21 Feb 2015
In reply to deanr:
Thanks both, yes I was pleased we managed to crawl down without calling it in. If it had happened higher up, I don't think we could have managed it
ninjaimp 23 Feb 2015
In reply to deanr:

Think im adding a hip flask to my essential kit list now Dean!

Simon

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...