UKC

CSC - Panasonic Lumix GM5 and GX7 users ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dark-Cloud 02 Mar 2015
So i am I getting rid of the Nikon D40 and associated kit and going CSC as i still want to have control for long exposure shots and also they still have a choice of lens.

Pretty much narrowed it down to these two so is anybody using either of these models, i know the GM5 is the newer and smaller of them both and have held one in the shop but trying to decide what to go for.

Not sure the GX7 i going to be a bit too big as my main aim is to take more photos and the DSLR never really goes anywhere with me as its too big.
 Mowglee 02 Mar 2015
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

The GX7 with the f1.7 20mm lens* is just about pocketable - if you have large pockets. Not used the GM5, but it looks like a very different type of camera to the GX7. Depends how much you like poking a touch-screen rather than proper buttons in order to change settings. I would think the GM1/GM5 are more like compacts with changeable lenses, and the GX7 like a small SLR.

*which is infinitely better than the stock 14-45
 Hamfunk 03 Mar 2015
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

GX7 is a beast considering its compact size. And as above, coupled with the 20mm pancake lens it's absolutely fantastic.

No experience of the GM range but would go for the GX7 if it was my choice.
OP Dark-Cloud 03 Mar 2015
In reply to Hamfunk:

Cheers, I hope the beast refers to features not size and weight !!
 Hamfunk 03 Mar 2015
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

I'm fairly sure you can go and fondle one at a big dixons / currys / john lewis if you're worried about size and weight.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...