UKC

NEWS: Banana Wall XII/12 for Greg Boswell

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 02 Mar 2015
Greg after his fall, 4 kbGreg Boswell has climbed a new route in Coire an Lochain on Cairn Gorm named Banana Wall. Graded at XII/12, the route is only the second ever to be given a XII rating and follows a steep curving wall between Fallout Corner and Bavarinthia.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=69546
 TonyM 02 Mar 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Awesome. Greg is clearly a man on the very top of his game.
Only met him once, long ago sheltering by the CIC hut on a wet and wind Ben day, but I've never been surprised that his bucketloads of energy, enthusiasm and motivation, coupled with such skill, have taken him to such standards.
 Mr Fuller 02 Mar 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Absolutely amazing.

I wonder if Anubis and Castle in the Sky are on his tick-list next then? If Greg thinks the other Dave Macleod routes are grade X, rather than XI, would be interested to see what he grades those as. As far as I'm aware, Dave never gave either Anubis or Castles in the Sky grades, but they've got to be approximately similar difficulty to this: super-steep, hard, big fall potential.
 Michael Gordon 02 Mar 2015
In reply to Mr Fuller:

Anubis was given XII,12. I actually wondered the opposite - whether MacLeod might get psyched in the future for an attempt at this line?
Chris Ellyatt 03 Mar 2015
In reply to UKC News:

C'mon Dave, what is it?

Chris

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...