UKC

First time Fontainebleau - Camping

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 LiamGallagher 02 Mar 2015
Hey guys

I'm heading to Font for the first time this Saturday and I'm just wondering if anybody has stayed at Les Courtilles Du Lido before or can recommend any other cheap campsites in the area?

Oceanrower 02 Mar 2015
In reply to LiamGallagher:

I would suggest a look on the websites before you go.

A lot of them won't be open this early in the year.
 flannery 02 Mar 2015

We stayed there last year, but in early May. It was really quiet and had decent sized pitches. We managed to get a monster 8 man tent up, car, van and slackline in. Was a pretty fun set up! Found the owners to be very nice. Also got a mini golf course on site which tended to get frequented post bbq/red wine.
I hope its open at this time of year for you.
 1poundSOCKS 02 Mar 2015
In reply to flannery:

> I hope its open at this time of year for you.

I'm not sure it is. I seem to recall it being closed when I called by there in late March, a few years ago.
 fraserbarrett 02 Mar 2015

The website says 26th of March opening.

I'm heading down with some friends from the Netherlands this weekend, and we're struggling to find an open campsite....
 phildavies84 02 Mar 2015

Try the campsite in Grez. Slightly further out, but is quite nice. Also, the bakery in the village is great. Ask for the bivi field and you're allowed campfires
 1poundSOCKS 02 Mar 2015
In reply to fraserbarrett:
The municipal at Melun will be open.

And I was going to use this place in February last year, so it should be open...

http://www.camping-belesbat.com/?lang=en
Post edited at 17:34
 kingborris 02 Mar 2015

I think La Musardiere is also open from about mid Feb onwards.

fraserbarrett 02 Mar 2015
In reply to kingborris:

Yes we just booked there
 Trangia 02 Mar 2015
In reply to phildavies84:

> Try the campsite in Grez. Slightly further out, but is quite nice. Also, the bakery in the village is great. Ask for the bivi field and you're allowed campfires

Unfortunately doesn't open until 21 March

http://www.camping-grez-fontainebleau.info/index.html
Lessworkmoreclimbing 02 Mar 2015

There's a nice campsite at Malesherbes:
Www.camping-iledeboulancourt.com
It is open all year and the guy who runs it speaks good English and is very welcoming to climbers. It's municipal type prices, and facilities include an indoor kitchen/lounge which we had to ourselves when we were there in January.
Enjoy your trip!
 haworthjim 03 Mar 2015

This place http://www.fontaineblhostel.com has just opened. Great facilities and really friendly owner. You can camp in the grounds and use the hostels kitchen/living area which is great to meet other climbers. Pad hire ect and it's also and right next to a patisserie.
We have stayed at the lido loads of times its a great campsite but only open from Easter.
 haworthjim 03 Mar 2015
In reply to kingborris:
Yep la musardiere opened during the last half term- but the place is a ripoff.
Post edited at 00:45
 BoulderBus 03 Mar 2015
In reply to fraserbarrett:

Top campsite, nice showers - and definitely the best one if you haven't got a car...
In reply to haworthjim:

Agreed - La Musardiere is over-priced, I'm not a fan.

http://www.camping-grez-fontainebleau.info/index.html is way better!
 BrendanO 16 Mar 2015
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:

Only stayed at La Musardiere, about 7 or 8 yrs ago. Friendly, tidy, bakers van most mornings, and clinically clean pool...only allowed in wit slip de Bain though, even shorts with Speedo logo wer a non! Was there on ma own on rough old motorbike but got friendly with other folk and teamed up. Local village nice

(Now I'm havering!)
 Ian65 17 Mar 2015
In reply to haworthjim:

Yes, I second the reccomendation of fontaineblhostel. I have just got back from spending 4 nights there camping. Not the cheapest camping (€15 per night) but fanatstic facitlities (kitchen, showers, drying area all very clean and warm) and friendly owner, he loaned me a sleeping mat.

You can pay less, but still over €10, at other sites and have rubbish facilities. I'll be going back there next time.
In reply to Ian65:

If there's 2 of you in a car/tent it's €6/night at Grez! I can't fault the facilities.
 Oogachooga 22 Mar 2015

Anyone recommend motorhome camping there?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...