UKC

NEW ARTICLE: Desert Island Climbs #1: Calum Muskett

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 18 Mar 2015
Calum jumaring back to the top of the 8a pitch, Paciencia, 3 kbIn this new series of interviews, we'll be whisking some of Britain's best climbers off to a lonely desert island and asking them to regale us with tales of their eight favourite routes of all time, before forcing them to single one out to have as their "Desert Island Climb."

First up is 21 year-old BMC Ambassador Calum Muskett from Bethesda, North Wales.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=7201
In reply to UKC Articles:

What an incredible all-rounder Calum is.
 Jack Geldard 18 Mar 2015

Calum is my hero!

Read 'em and weep, that's quite a list there Calum.

The Fish was pretty memorable, that night in the half-height bivi cave has to rate of one of my all time worst nights sleep - no food, no water, no sleeping bag - truly soul destroying. Furthermore, spooning you for additional warmth would probably have been illegal at the time because you probably only 12 years old (or something like that)!!

Anyhow, I digress...

Back to work
 Michael Gordon 18 Mar 2015

Sounds like a great series. Was always the best thing in Climber magazine (and isn't there anymore), so looking forward to more.

Really inspiring, it'll be interesting to see what Calum achieves in the years to come. The thing that strikes me most about him though is how down to earth he is, he's a lovely young fella and always asks about my photography and what I've been up to when I see him.

By the way, he's doing a talk at the Moel Siabod cafe in Capel Curig on Saturday night if anyone's in the area
 Fishmate 18 Mar 2015

Well thanks UKC. I had things to do tonight. Got down to the Grand Capucin and ended up going on a 2 hour diversion before finishing the article which was excellent btw (he's only 21???). I now have a new hunger. Becoming good enough would be a good starting point.
 Dave Ferguson 18 Mar 2015

"Like everybody who’s anybody knows, Gogarth is the best cliff in the world. If you disagree, well... you’re just wrong!"

well he's certainly got that bit right!
 planetmarshall 19 Mar 2015

"It was a life ambition of mine to free climb El Capitan..."

There should be some sort of law against completing any lifetime ambitions by the age of 21...
 chrisa87 19 Mar 2015
In reply to planetmarshall:

He should've gone with childhood ambition.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...