UKC

NEWS: VIDEO: Dave Macleod: Project Fear

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 30 Mar 2015
Project Fear, 3 kbLast summer Dave Macleod made the first ascent of a new route on Cima Ovest in the Italian Dolomites - named Project Fear. Struggling with career-threatening injury, climbing this route took all the determination and perseverance he could muster.

This new video by Mountain Equipment and Coldhouse Collective tells Dave's story of first discovering, working and eventually completing the climb - topping-out in the dark and reaching the ground at 1am.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=69626
 Mick Ward 30 Mar 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Inspirational!

Mick
 jsmcfarland 30 Mar 2015
In reply to UKC News:

This was so so so awesome. Mac is a total legend. I've kind of gone through the same headgame as Mac trying to deal with elbow problems and spent the last year constantly thinking of giving up, but at the same time between periods of massive pain had some really big achievements. His book was a real eye-opener that I can get through it, and this kind of tops that off nicely.

Plus the cinematography was just gorgeous. I particularly liked all the '3d' photos etc at the start.
 climb the peak 30 Mar 2015
In reply to jsmcfarland:

Which book was that?

> This was so so so awesome. Mac is a total legend. I've kind of gone through the same headgame as Mac trying to deal with elbow problems and spent the last year constantly thinking of giving up, but at the same time between periods of massive pain had some really big achievements. His book was a real eye-opener that I can get through it, and this kind of tops that off nicely.

> Plus the cinematography was just gorgeous. I particularly liked all the '3d' photos etc at the start.

Paul249 30 Mar 2015
In reply to climb the peak:

Think he was referring to Dave's latest book on climbing injuries "Make Or Break"

That film was brilliant, very nicely shot and another incredible achievement for Dave Mac. Really enjoyed it!!
 Robert Durran 31 Mar 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Really good film.
 Blake 31 Mar 2015
In reply to UKC News:

What an awesome video - beautifully shot and edited. Just goes to show that climbing movies don't need cheesy sub plots about working in a coal mine, or 'redeeming' fictional rivalries that nobody really cares about.

I just love how dedicated and no bull Dave is - the guy's an absolute beast.
 tmawer 31 Mar 2015
In reply to UKC News:

I don't really do hero worship, but if I did it would be for Dave......brilliant, so understated!!
 Fraser 31 Mar 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Excellent stuff, I just wish there was more footage of the climbing.
 andybenham 31 Mar 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Brilliant film. As someone with a very damaged foot I know how hard it can be to regain fitness and how heartening it can be to achieve things that you thought may have been lost to you, albeit at a significantly different level
 Wft 01 Apr 2015
In reply to UKC News:

That was a really well made video, the photo animation was exceptional.
 TheGeneralist 02 Apr 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Christ what self indulgent pap. The first minute of soft mournful music whilst the subtitles list his injuries from climbing in slomo. Like someone's died.
C'mon, the guy hurt himself doing his favourite sport. Self inflicted.

I'll watch the rest of it now to see if it gets better
 TheGeneralist 02 Apr 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Wow, rest of the film is amazing. Really really good. Love this line:
"Maybe I should be more confident"
 kwoods 02 Apr 2015
In reply to TheGeneralist:
> Wow, rest of the film is amazing. Really really good. Love this line:

> "Maybe I should be more confident"

LOL didn't expect you to say that after your first post. Keep in mind too, the tinkly piano music is really only the director/editors choice.
Post edited at 22:08
 OllieF 03 Apr 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Quality film, props to Pycroft and the Coldhouse Collective Crew. Loved it!
 climb the peak 05 Apr 2015
In reply to Paul249:

cheers
 Abu777 06 Apr 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Legend. The guy just never quits.
 teltrabm 10 Apr 2015
In reply to UKC News:

dave mcleod is so inspirational!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...