UKC

NEW ARTICLE: The Importance of Local Climbing Icons

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 16 Apr 2015
Local Icons - Bristol, 5 kbHow being influenced by those around you can have a bigger impact on your ambition for the sport.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=7263
 Quarryboy 16 Apr 2015
In reply to UKC Articles:

No Guy Percival or Martin Crocker, much disappoint.

Go Llinos!! Nice
 The Pylon King 16 Apr 2015
In reply to Quarryboy:

Yeah i think Martin Crocker and Guy Percival are the only icons in Bristol.
 steve taylor 16 Apr 2015
In reply to Quarryboy:

This article was meant to be about Georgia's personal icons, nothing else. It could be that she's never climbed with Guy or Martin, or perhaps is more motivated by those around here. I liked the article!
 GeorgT 16 Apr 2015
In reply to Pylon King Against Capit@lism:

Yes, those guys are very important.

But this article was not meant for a debate, but a perception on non-sponsored, climbing friends who are passionate about climbing, and that a lot of up-coming climbers who are plagued by advertising can look at and think, hey I don't have to climb 9a.

It's not that I haven't included martin or guy for any reason in this article, but they are not relevant for the topic I am talking about.
 GeorgT 16 Apr 2015
In reply to Quarryboy:

Yes, those guys are very important.

But this article was not meant for a debate, but a perception on non-sponsored, climbing friends who are passionate about climbing, and that a lot of up-coming climbers who are plagued by advertising can look at and think, hey I don't have to climb 9a.

It's not that I haven't included martin or guy for any reason in this article, but they are not relevant for the topic I am talking about.

If you don't anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
 The Pylon King 16 Apr 2015
In reply to Hawkgirl:

Fair enough, my mistake.

TBH i just skimmed through the article, saw the pics and the words icon and Bristol and didn't read it properly.

A twonker i am.

David Alcock 16 Apr 2015
In reply to Pylon King Against Capit@lism:

Same here. I was wondering why Peter Biven wasn't mentioned.

Haha saw the name Llinos and thought it was a bit too rare, climbed with her back in Notts when she first started! Good to see the climbing is still going well!
 stp 17 Apr 2015

Good stuff. I think other climber's attitudes towards climbing can influence me more than their ability so this is an interesting topic. It would have been good to hear the author's reasons selecting each individual too since that would provide a different, and probably more positive perspective than the interviews. Also would like to know which routes/crags the pics were of.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...