UKC

Font + Disneyland info...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Beardyman 19 Apr 2015
Hey folk, there seems to be a plan forming to go to Disneyland Paris in October. I am obviously trying to nudge the family towards staying in a Gite somewhere between there and Font and getting a couple of days in the forest. I really don't fancy staying in a soulless hotel in the park and paying a fortune for the privilege.

I'm sure some of you will have done this successfuly. I'm just after any advice on how you did it and any pitfalls to avoid.

I'm heading from Edinburgh so could drive or fly and hire car.

Thanks muchly.
 sbc23 19 Apr 2015
In reply to Beardyman:

Eurocamp maybe? Tent or caravan. Reasonable price and there is stuff on site for the kids/Mrs to do (swimming etc.) whilst you go to Font. Can't comment specifically, I stayed at home and sent the troop.

Just don't underestimate the driving to/from the park every day and night.

Steve
OP Beardyman 19 Apr 2015
In reply to Beardyman:

Obviously mean to be Font in the title but I can't seem to edit the post from my phone.
 chacha 19 Apr 2015
In reply to Beardyman:

It takes about one hour driving from Disneyland to Fontainebleau's forest.
 BoulderBus 27 Apr 2015
In reply to Beardyman:

If your going to disneyland more than climbing, then I'd pick somewhere nearer to disneyland - it'll make the drive way less of a pain.
 steve taylor 28 Apr 2015
In reply to Beardyman:

We did this a few years ago. There were two families - we stayed in a large gite in Provins, close to Disney plus you could get the train into Paris and less than an hour to font.
 chacha 28 Apr 2015
In reply to steve taylor:

Hello Steve,

Are you sure that your gite was in Provins ? Provins is about 60 kilometres hour from Eurodisney and 60 kilometres from Fontainebleau...
 steve taylor 28 Apr 2015
In reply to chacha:

Fairly sure it was somewhere near there, though it was a long time ago. Struggling to find the gite we used...
 radar 28 Apr 2015
In reply to Beardyman:

Disneyland is very expensive. Check around for voucher codes. Also factor in the fact that you can not take your own food or drink in, and the food and drink is, naturally, over priced in the parks. Having said all that it is worth a visit, teenagers will be less than impressed.

Worth considering is Parc Asterix. If you shop at Tesco you can use vouchers to pay for entry. You are allowed to take your food and drink in, food in the park isn't too badly priced. Good for toddlers through to teens, also has a dolphinarium.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...