UKC

Men's UK size 12 bouldering shoes - help?!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Katherine111 01 May 2015
Hi climbers!

So me and my boyfriend have got hooked on bouldering, as we have a great centre in our home town. We bought our first pairs of climbing shoes about 6 months ago but he is disappointed with his - they don't fit too well and they're pretty worn out already!

I would like to get him a nice pair for his birthday, but the problem is, he wears UK size 11.5 for usual shoes (46.5 in EU I think) and most of the climbing shoes in the same size he tries seem to be too small. I wanted to get him the Sportiva Solution ones I've heard so many good things about, but they don't seem to make any bigger than 11!

Can any other big-footed climbers out there recommend some good shoes please? or know of a place that stocks size 12? Can spend up to about £150.

Thanks!
 obi-wan nick b 01 May 2015
In reply to Katherine111:
He really needs to try on shoes to find ones that he is happy with from the pov of size and other aspects of shape and fit rather have them bought for him. Also It may be better to go to a reputable shop that has a knowledgeable fitter that can advise. The suggested shoe also may be a little aggressive for someone that's only been climbing 6 months (rather depends on how he's getting on of course). In general shoes are likely to wear out more quickly at first - they will begin to last longer when foot placement becomes more precise and controlled (ie less scraping along the wall type action)

cha1n 01 May 2015
In reply to obi-wan nick b:

Definitely take him along to try them on before you buy.

Regarding the La Sportiva Solutions, most people wear them at least 2 sizes down from their street shoe size so that should still be an option for you.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...