UKC

Climbers Club - Bristol/South West

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 alastairbegley 02 May 2015
I have started my application to join the climbers club, and have one of my support from a current member. I know another member who would support me, but hasn't been a member for two years so can't propose or second my application.

I had planned on going to the Aspirants meet in June to get the remaining support, but have (regrettably) had to cancel my attendance due to a clash which has to take priority. The aspirants meet at the end of September clashes with the Avon Mountaineering Club's Lundy trip, which I would really like to go on again.

I was wondering if there were any members in the Bristol/South West/South Wales area who would be willing to meet up and go out climbing either around Bristol, and/or further afield (eg. Pembroke/Swanage/Devon). There would be the obvious aim that I would like to get support for my application, but it's always great to meet and climb with new people.

Most of my climbing which isn't local to Bristol is on sea cliffs. I lead up to E2 but will second harder.

Al
 LakesWinter 02 May 2015
In reply to alastairbegley:

Hi, I'm not in the CC, so I don't know if this helps or not but I'm looking for a partner for Monday in the peak if you fancy that.
In reply to LakesWinter:

I'm afraid I already have plans for this weekend
 LakesWinter 02 May 2015

No worries, just spent the day getting snowed on in the Lakes so am looking for some other plans at short notice!
 Misha 02 May 2015
I'm in the CC, living in Birmingham but love SW sea cliffs and have been to Cornwall for the weekend, while Avon and Wintour's is an easy day trip. So give me a shout next time you're free and we'll see if we can fix something up. I lead E3 and sometimes harder so should work out well.

Also, it's worth contacting the meet leaders for CC trips as in principle they're open to non members such as people wanting to join, at the meet leader's discretion. The mix and match meets would work particularly well as the idea is for people to turn up without partners anyway. Not guaranteed as depends on numbers etc but worth asking.
In reply to alastairbegley: I'm a CC member, Oxford based, and often free to climb mid-week. Currently more focused on sport than trad but very happy to link up with whoever is available wants to climb.
Free this coming Tuesday and Wednesday but the weather forecast is currently looking dire...

Iain Peters 03 May 2015

Suggest coming down to the BMC Cornish Climbing Festival at CC's The Count House 26-28 June. Lots of local CC will be there, including myself. More info soon on various social media or contact me via UKC. Cheers.

thanks for all of your replies, I will email you individually later.

Al

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...