UKC

FRI NIGHT VID: Caroline Ciavaldini on Requiem E8 6c

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 08 May 2015
Caro screenshot, 4 kbLast September French climber Caroline Ciavaldini made the first female ascent of Requiem E8 6c - Britain's first route graded E8 in 1983 - at Dumbarton Rock, whilst husband James Pearson was working Rhapsody E11.

Caroline has made the transition from a world-class competition and sport climber over to the "crazy" side of British trad climbing with enthusiasm and relative ease, as tonight's Friday Night Video from Wild Country shows.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=69704
In reply to UKC News:
Think your grammar could do with a little attention - Requiem certainly wasn't 'Britain's first route graded E8 in 1983' - maybe it should have been, but it wasn't.

Nice vid, though, and CC is such a star, of course.

jcm
Post edited at 23:55
 Jonny2vests 09 May 2015
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:
> Nice vid, though, and CC is such a star, of course.

No apologies for saying she's got the whole adorable pixie thing nailed. Not to detract from her staggering ability for hard trad.
Post edited at 18:04
 Phil Murray 11 May 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Great to see a still of Cubby in 1983 - can't believe it was so long ago. He was ahead of his time IMO, would love to read more about his career highlights .... (he also did Britain's 1st 8a, on wires, now considered 8a+ I believe, in the mid-80s?). Good trad video - enjoyed it - good lob, then getting it all sorted (unlike me - retreat, strip, don't go up again
 Michael Gordon 11 May 2015
In reply to Phil Murray:

> (he also did Britain's 1st 8a, on wires, now considered 8a+ I believe, in the mid-80s?)

That's this route! 1983, i.e. before Statement of Youth in '84

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...