UKC

Insurance

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ArranChild 15 May 2015
Hi

Ive been climbing outdoors for a little over a year now and have just brought a house. Its started to sink that should something happen to me whist climbing I'll need some insurance to pay to live as I won't be able to work.
Sorry for being incredibly naive but can someone point in the direction of some policies or advice.

Many Thanks
 Mountain Llama 15 May 2015
In reply to ArranChild: theses people should be able to help

http://www.summit-fs.co.uk

Davey
 andrewmc 15 May 2015
In reply to ArranChild:

BMC insurance (individual, not club) includes personal accident cover - if you already have it you should examine the coverage and see if it fits your needs.
OP ArranChild 16 May 2015
In reply to ArranChild:

Thank you for your help, summit looks good. I did have a look at the bmc insurance but it looks like its just holiday cover not a general cover. Either way its still something I will need when I go away.

Thank you again for your advise and have a fun summer climbing
In reply to ArranChild:

> Thank you for your help, summit looks good. I did have a look at the bmc insurance but it looks like its just holiday cover not a general cover. Either way its still something I will need when I go away.

> Thank you again for your advise and have a fun summer climbing

Andrewmcloed was referring to the point if you are an actual member you have personal accident insurance as part of that. http://www.perkins-slade.com/files/2015%20BMC%20Members%20Policy%20Summary....
 balmybaldwin 17 May 2015
In reply to ArranChild:

> Thank you for your help, summit looks good. I did have a look at the bmc insurance but it looks like its just holiday cover not a general cover. Either way its still something I will need when I go away.

> Thank you again for your advise and have a fun summer climbing

Last time I looked, BMC insurance did an annual policy "travel" insurance that you could use for unlimited trips and extend to UK & Europe (rather than just europe) which should cover all you uk trips, but perhaps not a fall at the wall
 Offwidth 17 May 2015
In reply to balmybaldwin:

Why get travel insurance for UK trips? BMC membership gives the very important 3rd party and accident cover as per the link above; lots of people seem happy to climb without such cover, which seems a bit odd to me.
OP ArranChild 17 May 2015
Im more looking for cover that in the event of an accident my mortgage and bills and such will be looked after.
 SteveD 18 May 2015
In reply to ArranChild:

Does your mortgage provider not require you to have life insurance for the mortgage? As I have a joint mortgage with my wife if either of us die prematurely the mortgage is paid off in full.

I consider other life insurance is there to cover other expenses.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...