UKC

NEW ARTICLE: The 1989 Guidebook Stanage VS Challenge

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 18 May 2015
Jim and Chris at the end of their very long day..., 4 kbA recent post in the forums reported on an attempt of the "1989 Guidebook Stanage VS Challenge," which involves climbing all 36 starred VS routes from the definitive 1989 Stanage Guide.

Jim Walton and Chris Guilka bravely took on the challenge and had a gutsy day's climbing, despite not completing the task in hand. Their enthusiasm impressed us and we sensed an interesting and potentially amusing story behind their valiant efforts, so we asked Jim and Chris to write an account of their day...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=7349
 Offwidth 18 May 2015
In reply to UKC Articles:

Inspiring write-up. Cheers and well done.
 PPP 18 May 2015

Good effort, pack your lunch next time and you'll make it .
 Mord 18 May 2015

Well done lads. Think I might have to give this a go. Sounds like a really, really great day (once its finished and you are in the pub).

Well done.
M.
 Offwidth 18 May 2015
In reply to PPP:

When I did my 100 solos I estimated my water needs and took more and still ran out. My pal turned up at around #80 and it was the first thing I asked if he had, he said yes but had experimented with home-made isotonic and got it wrong... I finished dehydrated but very greatful for the company. I think I was hallucinating at the end... I'd swear I was watching French Climbers trad climb around the Unconquerables area.

OMG, VS Chris on the homepage! Nice one dude!
 virgil 19 May 2015

Brilliant. nice work Jim. glad to see you're making it out and getting stuff done.
Office and childcare are making me weak.

great article.
 t_hume 19 May 2015

Great write up!
More articles like this please!
 trys 19 May 2015

Good Work! Nice to read the full detail of events, and some cracking pictures to boot! Well done chaps
 Blake 19 May 2015

Wicked idea for a tick list - will definitely be attempting this one!

Very good article and a challenge worth trying, preferably on a long summers day. I agree about Wall Buttress it's a tough VS.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...