UKC

NEWS: New 8c Cheddar Testpiece by Ellis Butler-Barker

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 19 May 2015
Ellis happy after completing Fallingwater 8c, 4 kb18 year-old Ellis Butler-Barker recently made the first ascent of an old project at Cheddar Gorge, which he has named Fallingwater and is believed to be around 8c in difficulty.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=69730
In reply to UKC News:
I am the 'Fred' that bolted this line with Ally Smith. The line has been a project for 9 years and is franky... really bloody hard... Ellis did it in two sessions. TWO sessions. The kid is unreal.
Post edited at 15:17
 The Pylon King 19 May 2015
In reply to A Longleat Boulderer:

Aha so this must be yours?

http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/c.php?i=250440
In reply to Pylon King Against Capit@lism:

Ha! That thing... yes. Death by choss.

Did you look at anything else on that wall?
At Vallis? Not really to be honest. Soon after Ghost Riders I moved to sport as a main focus...

Why? Are you developing it?
Post edited at 16:07

I'm working on the new guidebook that it will be in and have done loads of checking at Vallis. I got my friend Rob to do the line left of Ghost Riders:

http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/c.php?i=356197

The two cracks on the far left were done before as well.

Just interested in anything else you may have looked at or done there or in the neibourhood.

Excellent! Look forward to seeing it!

No, afraid nothing else to report really. Played and top roped a few things. But that combined with the fact it was so long ago means I'm sadly going to be little use to you... but good luck!
 Ally Smith 20 May 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Congratulations Ellis!

I think I'd better get round to finishing off some of my semi-abandoned projects in North Wales...
James Jackson 20 May 2015

That Vallis wall is particularly shitty. Even by my standards of the day, I only did Gerbil then moved on to 'better' things.
 The Pylon King 20 May 2015
In reply to James Jackson:

> That Vallis wall is particularly shitty. Even by my standards of the day, I only did Gerbil then moved on to 'better' things.

No, that wall is actually quite good although your route looks pretty dire!!!

I'd go between the two of you and say from my memories (that are admittedly ten years old), the wall is decent for 2/3rds of it's height and utterly shite/death beyond.
James Jackson 15 Jun 2015

Yeah, there's a reason that my route doesn't go directly to the top. I remember the bottom bit being quite enjoyable.
 The Pylon King 15 Jun 2015
In reply to James Jackson:

I did shunt yours the other day and yes it is quite good up to the ledge. Then what??
James Jackson 16 Jun 2015

Then it's adventurous / crap. I think I traversed off as per the description on here, but it was years ago.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...