UKC

leading

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Juicymite86 20 May 2015
Got a learn to lead course at aw sheffield on sunday, its my first attempt at leading so just after any tips to help me?
 tehmarks 20 May 2015
In reply to littlejon86:

Try to clip near your waist as much as possible, rather than puling out tons of slack and clipping way above your head. Also try to clip from a comfortable position, rather than a horrific strength-sapping crimp
 MischaHY 20 May 2015
In reply to littlejon86:

Be chilled, have fun, and don't be afraid to fall off!
 Monk 20 May 2015
In reply to littlejon86:

To be honest, there's no real trick to it. You just do it. You'll be shown how to clip quick draws correctly, and told to watch out that the rope isn't tucked behind your leg. Other than that, it's just Climbing without having a rope in your face. relax and enjoy it!
OP Juicymite86 20 May 2015
In reply to littlejon86:

Think im more excited at the prospect of a fall! abit wary of letting go on the brake hand if i get pulled into wall bad though
 Cheese Monkey 20 May 2015
In reply to littlejon86:

Dont stand away from the wall then
Tomtom 20 May 2015
In reply to littlejon86:

I did my learn to lead session at aw shef, was brilliant. Had a lad called Elliot, and he was dead sound, and gave lots of advice on climbing in general.
Just relax, listen, and don't get stressed if it doesn't go well, it can take a while to grasp, but then suddenly it clicks.
Look forward to the awesome routes it will open up to you!
In reply to littlejon86:

Straight after the course just lead don't top rope again. That helps it become second nature.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...