UKC

NEWS: Petition to Save Link Climbing Wall in Swindon

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 22 May 2015
The Ridge Climbing Wall, 3 kbThe well used and popular Ridge Climbing Centre in Swindon is due to be closed this summer causing the local climbing community to start a petition to keep the wall open.

"The (partly) 30 year old Ridge Climbing Wall in Swindon - the only one around - is being closed down by the private company that took over Swindon's leisure facilities from the council in November. It is to be closed at the end of June after no consultation with staff or customers. The company (GLL/Better) are demolishing it and the neighbouring sports hall in favour of a trampoline park."

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=69735

Oogachooga 22 May 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Fingers crossed they'll listen. I think the corporate fat cats who made that decision should be made to solo the over hang naked.
 stp 22 May 2015
In reply to Oogachooga:

Signed and good luck with it.
 Intothevoid? 23 May 2015
In reply to UKC News:

This is really upsetting I only moved to Swindon in September. I have a full £35 a month 'gold' membership to the centre but will be quitting as soon as the wall goes. I think they have had this planned since they sold the leisure centre though, when my girlfriend moved here in January (after the ironically named 'better' took over) they'd already removed climbing from the 'gold' membership.
 Postmanpat 27 May 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Signed
 GrahamD 28 May 2015
In reply to Postmanpat:

Signed

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...