UKC

Photoshop CS3 & Canon 50D

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Richard Smith 25 May 2015
I have just got hold of a Canon 50D. I set it to shoot in RAW but when I put the picture files onto Photoshop I get the message of 'Could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of document'. Also using the software that come with the camera I can transfer direct to Photoshop but when I want to save the picture as a JPEG it does not give me the option; save as every other type of file except JPEG... anyone have any idea?
In reply to Richard Smith:
Sorry maybe not any help as I have newer software so don't know for CS3, but just thinking .....

Have you updated (if can you for CS3?) the camera raw and dng list to one that includes the 50D?

Alternative can you download and use with CS3 something like the latest version of Adobe raw plugin? http://www.techspot.com/downloads/5294-adobe-camera-raw.html

A fall back must be that Canon will do raw software to allow import to PC and then you could import into CS3?
 Fraser 25 May 2015

I had this with CS3 not importing my Nikon RAW files. I needed to upgrade the ACR (Adobe Camera Raw plug-in) and even then it wouldn't import them. In the end I had to get the Adobe raw converter programme and use that as a work-around.

But if you're just wanting jpgs, why not set to shoot in jpg in camera, rather than raw? Or shoot in both, which is what I do.
 sheep 25 May 2015

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=106&platform...

There'll be something there that may help. A DNG converter can be used to convert to a format that can be opened in camera raw or search for the plugin which supports the 50D.

To export as a jpeg from PS you'll need to covert from the camera's native 16-bit to 8-bit. Image/mode/8-bit
OP Richard Smith 25 May 2015
Thank you all for your advise, I'll give the downloads a try; thank you.

You should be able to download Canon's Digital Photo Pro which will convert your RAW images. Probably got a CD or 2 knocking around if you have probs.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...