UKC

which approach shoe? boulder x or mix?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Hi,

I'm looking for a new pair of approach shoes, always planned to get a pair of boulder x shoes but have found them quite chunky and more like boots, when in cotswolds i saw the mix (also by la sportiva). Reviews seem to all be good but anyone got any real world feedback on these shoes? I like the mix instead of boulder x but the shoe seemed a bit flimsy and I need something hard wearing that will last a while, only negative for mix is the sole has a blank bit for low grade climbing, not sure if I will ever use that feature. my 5:10's have worn out sole in 1.5 years which is why I want something a bit more long lasting if thats possible!

Sam
Post edited at 14:37
 galpinos 28 May 2015
In reply to sam.sam.sam.ferguson:
> my 5:10's have worn out sole in 1.5 years which is why I want something a bit more long lasting if thats possible!

Resole them?
In reply to galpinos:

that is an option but there is a hole on the side (where it flexes) and there generally pretty battered.
 angry pirate 28 May 2015

Not on your list but I recently picked up a pair of Salewa Wildfires in the sale from Needle Sports. Spent yesterday bouldering with my kids at the Roaches and was really impressed with them.
 The Ivanator 29 May 2015

Not familiar with the Mix, but have used the Boulder X (good hard wearing shoe, but quite heavy and chunky - you tend to be quite conscious of them clipped to the back of a harness on Multipitch).
Scarpa Crux are also pretty durable, lighter and the reduced bulk gives a little more "feel" for scrambling/easy climbs, maybe worth a look, they are fairly widely available.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...