UKC

Rising Sun Pub Wintours Leap - change of use

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Babika 02 Jun 2015
As some may know, the Appeal by Worthy Developments for the change of use from the Rising Sun pub at Wintours Leap, Woodcroft to 2 residential dwellings is due to be heard on 16 June at the Council Offices Coleford 9am to 4.30pm.

I wrote objecting to the proposal (as did our club) and I've had a letter which says "You may attend the hearing and at the Inspectors discretion give your views"

So I guess any climbers who have a view on the potential change of use from pub to housing could attend if they're available. These things are public.

The Inspectorate Reference is APP/P1615/W/15/3006278 if you wish to contact the Forest of Dean District Council.
 Coel Hellier 02 Jun 2015
In reply to Babika:

Is there a reason why this is relevant to the climbing there?
 imkevinmc 02 Jun 2015
In reply to Babika:

I'm all in favour of pubs that are no longer economically viable being converted into something more appropriate for the local community. We have a housing crisis in the UK, so a couple of extra domestic dwellings will always be welcome
 GridNorth 02 Jun 2015
In reply to Coel Hellier:
It used to be the pub where climbers met after a days climbing and at one time it had a book of new routes etc. so in that sense it was a climber friendly pub, which is always nice but I'm not sure I feel strongly enough about to travel 40 miles to attend a meeting. It was also convenient to park there. If it's turned into houses it creates more people who would object to this.
Post edited at 16:36

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...