UKC

NEW ARTICLE: Van Life: On the Road #2

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 03 Jun 2015
Swanage Bivvy.... well sort of, 3 kbIn this series of articles, we will be featuring a variety of vans and their owners and getting into the geeky details of their vehicle and its set-up. Whether you're looking for vanspiration as a seasoned dirtbag or you're a VW virgin, you might pick up some helpful hints and tips...

UKC user Chris Perry from Portsmouth got in touch as he was keen to tell us a bit about his set-up and share some advice. Chris is currently on the road in the USA but still had time to provide content for this article!

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=7393
 gethin_allen 03 Jun 2015
In reply to UKC Articles:

"VWs are anodised and therefore are less likely to rust, good if you live by the sea."

Anodised! really? do you mean galvanised? like most vehicles these days, or am I missing some new way of anodising steel.
 Luk e 03 Jun 2015
In reply to gethin_allen:

My mistake mate, yes galvanised is what it is supposed to be.
 Cheese Monkey 03 Jun 2015

1k for a conversion? I have bought a van and converted it for that!
 arose 04 Jun 2015
This reads very like a VW Transporter advertisement. Lets see some climbers with weird and wonderful vans doing crazy trips!

£1000 for a van conversion is definitely not the lower end!
Post edited at 07:42
 Sharp 04 Jun 2015

> "I considered buying a house but thought I'd use a van more."

classic statement!
In reply to UKC Articles: We will be varying the vans as more come in - yes it's been VW's so far but it looks like we can mix it up a bit for the next ones. It would be good to have a few more weird and wonderful/old and well-loved ones - so send them in!

Oogachooga 04 Jun 2015
In reply to Natalie Berry - UKC:

Haha, ours would be weird, wonderful/old and well loved.
 burdy 18 Jun 2015

Toyota Hiace is what is actually cool yeah

tupta 23 Jun 2015
You almost forgot about few very important things!
Must-have for any Van owners: dreadlocks, dog on leash made from rope, smoking only roll-ups.

Plus: all parking spaces taken by Vans with unshaved, smelly occupants, with that funny look on their faces showing others who the real climber is...*

* But thats just my experience with vans at the various climbing euro destinations... I'm sure not all like that, just never met them yet.

BTW. I know I'm not very fair, but today can't be asked....
Post edited at 10:31
 muppetfilter 28 Jul 2015
You forgot to mention the Lethal T5 wiring boobytrap where the central locking system located under the drivers seat one day just fails without warning leaving you stuck with only the drivers door opening unable to get out of put fuel in.

http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=59808
Post edited at 07:16
 mrchewy 28 Jul 2015

Trouble with the wiring in a VW? That would never happen, I mean, they're just so reliable!

*for anybody missing the sarcasm, let me make it clear - it's there.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...