UKC

Prog rock - In the Court of the Crimson King

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 kevin stephens 05 Jun 2015
Prog rock is long overdue for a revival; really enjoying King Crimson tonight. Can anyone recommend good prog rock internet radio stations or contemporary bands?
Now where did I put that cheesecloth shirt?
 Dave Garnett 05 Jun 2015
In reply to kevin stephens:

Starless and Bible Black was one of my favourites; I should give it another listen.
 cuppatea 05 Jun 2015

That's a blast from the past! I used to have that album. Thanks for prompting the memory.
 IM 05 Jun 2015

Check out Steven Wilson (solo) and with band Porcupine Tree. Great. Mr Fripp guests on at least one.
 kwoods 05 Jun 2015

Ok it's not contemporary music, but a contemporary band pulling out old classics. I play drums in StillMarillion (shameless plug )

Not what you asked for, but I have to add that I have childhood memories of being really discomforted by the cover art of my parents' copy of "In the Court of the Crimson King" - I'd flip through their vinyl collection and always get hit with a queasy shudder when I came across it (same with their copy of Neil Young's eponymous album - I find both to have a slightly nightmarish quality)..... I bet I have really horrible dreams tonight!

I'm putting a vote in for Larks Tongues in Aspic as fave Crimson album with Three of a Perfect a Pair close behind. The new 7 cd release of all the live shows which contributed to Yessongs is just being released and looks very interesting

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...