UKC

Sour grapes from team Dowsett

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 the sheep 10 Jun 2015
Looks like Alex Dowsett's coach is having bit of a hissy fit about Brads hour record.

Very sad to see and not sporting!

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/jun/09/bradley-wiggins-team-rebut-rul...
 DaveHK 10 Jun 2015
In reply to the sheep:

If you read Dowsett's comments on it the guy isn't even his coach and he tries to distance himself from the accusations.
 Chris the Tall 10 Jun 2015
In reply to DaveHK:

Indeed, and I don't think he's doing Dowsett any favours, cos I'm pretty sure he will get the same support - if he wants it - for his next attempt. The problem is that British Cycling are very good at complying with the letter of the law, but perhaps not the spirit of it. All parts are available for sale, but are not exactly your standard production models. So the record becomes as much about the technology as the athlete, which is what the UCI were trying to avoid.

The elephant in the room here is that Wiggins didn't beat Rominger's distance (55+). Now of course Rominger was doped to the gills, but didn't test positive, and his bike might not have been compliant under the rules back then, but would be now.
 Toby_W 10 Jun 2015
In reply to the sheep:

Media just stirring the story for the next attempt. I think Dowsett will take it back based on how easily he took it the first time.

Cheers

Toby

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...