UKC

Bouldering Competition

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Jimeny cricket 16 Jun 2015
I have signed up for a bouldering competition around the start of September, the minimum bouldering grade for entry is V3/4. I currently can complete boulders of grade 2/3 of most styles ( slopes/ pinches/ roofs etc) though cramped spaces are a weakness. I can also complete a crimpy routes of V3/4 at most attempts.

What is the likely hood with a good amount of training of upping my grading to all around V3/4 and some V4/5 within 2.5 months?

I currently boulder/ climb 3-4 times a week for around 1.5-2.5 hours a time, I have incorporated a core work out in ever other day and on non climbing days I am doing interval and resistance training to drop 7-8 pound of fat.

Jim

Sorry for the anonymous post I am a registered user but I have entered in the comp with a friend (another user) as a friendly competion and I dont want them dropping out if im going to as they are better climbbers but with no confidence.
 winhill 16 Jun 2015
In reply to Jimeny cricket:

is it the Big Flash at Highball?
 RockSteady 16 Jun 2015
In reply to Jimeny cricket:

Definitely doable if you focus on the right things.

Sounds like you are training a lot. Make sure all your sessions are not the same. For one thing, you need at least one session a week trying problems where every move is a struggle to complete. So way harder than your target level - V6/7? Take lots of rest between goes, do a shorter session. You need this so that you improve your maximum strength beyond the level you're aiming at in the comp.

Also worth doing sessions where you do loads of volume (i.e. 20+ problems, timed, max 3 goes each) to get used to the volume of problems you'll have to do in the comp.

akawd40 18 Jun 2015
In reply to RockSteady:

Thanks for the help Rocksteady thats really useful, I will get a training plan sorted out.

Nope its down in the south west Winhil.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...