UKC

Ambleside - cafe opening times....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Anyone know of cafes in Ambleside or Windermere that open earlier than 0900hrs?

Incidentally, why do most UK cafes and bistros in UK walking and climbing areas open so late and close so early? Daft really; it seems they're potentially missing out on so much trade.

I know Booths cafe in Windermere opens at 0800hrs, but I fancy somewhere more 'independent'.
Post edited at 13:36
 Šljiva 17 Jun 2015
In reply to A Random Climber: It was a nightmare when i was there last year. There is one, opens around 8 I think, but can't remember the name. Turn left by the climbing shop on the corner, towards the carpark by the Mountain Warehouse and it was on the left down there - if that makes any sense.

Mark Eddy 17 Jun 2015
In reply to A Random Climber:

I'm fairly sure Daisy's in Ambleside opens early. It's next to the Tourist Info so easy to find.
 climber34neil 17 Jun 2015

Apple pie in ambleside opens early I think

Try bilbos as well, very good in there ( where rock and run used to be)
 wercat 17 Jun 2015
In reply to climber34neil:

Yum Yum! I'm sure I asked and they said they opened earlier than 9.
In reply to Šljiva:
Think this is the Apple Pie and sure they open early as well, have a website to check
Post edited at 19:10
In reply to Pepper:

9 am weekdays and 8 30 weekend
In reply to climber34neil:

Must have just crawled in there on weekends then, never bother with a watch on a lakes trip
In reply to Pepper:

I just checked the website, personally I prefer bilbos but I don't know when that opens, my schnauzer prefers the food at bilbos as well as they have giant dog biscuits !
J1234 18 Jun 2015

If its a breakfast your after, possibly try one of the larger hotels or a pub that does rooms, they are often happy to do a breakfast for a walk in, and can represent reasonable value. i.e. The ODG does a breakfast and the Church House at Torver used to, but I have not been since changed hands. Maybe give this place a ring http://www.themortalman.co.uk let us know what they say.
Also all your replies seem to be Ambleside based because of your title, but I bet windermere has some. Bilbos by the way has gone massively down hill and is pretty shit nowadays, 3 notches down on Petes eats and people only go because its where "climbers" hang out.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...