UKC

NEWS: World Cup Bouldering - Chongqing 2015 - Coxsey 3rd

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 22 Jun 2015
Shauna Coxsey competing in the WC finals - Chongqing 2015, 5 kbThe latest round of the IFSC Bouldering World Cup was held over the 20 and 21st of June in Chongqing, China. Japan's Akiyo Noguchi took first place in the women's competition and Canadian Sean McColl.

Top placing British climber was Shauna Coxsey with an impressive third place. Fellow Team GB competitor Leah Crane came in joint 21st place.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=69800

Durbs 22 Jun 2015
In reply to UKC News:

FFS - For the I don't know... sixth (?) time of asking, please don't put spoilers in headlines...
 winhill 22 Jun 2015
In reply to Durbs:

It's big news and people will be much more likely to read if they see Coxsey in the headline.

Whereas you'd be wanting to put off finding out because...

Well, whatever the reason, if you're trying to avoid the results, UKC ain't gonna the best place to visit.
 Durbs 22 Jun 2015
In reply to winhill:

The Headline could just be "Chongqing Bouldering World Cup Report", with a photo of Shauna...

winhill 22 Jun 2015
In reply to Durbs:

> The Headline could just be "Chongqing Bouldering World Cup Report", with a photo of Shauna...

Yup, but totally uninteresting, Coxsey 3rd, total click bait.
 DampRice 22 Jun 2015
In reply to winhill:

Certainly cannot be too watch the finals on the IFSC channel. Jesus Christ the quality was so awful they were pretty much unwatchable. I had hoped they would put up a "non-live" version which improved on the quality of the feed but it seems not. I know it is free but even that price is a rip-off for the service they provided, lost an hour of my morning trying to watch before giving up.
 stp 22 Jun 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Very disappointing comp from an internet spectator point of view.

Firstly many of the top names were missing including 3 of the top 5 women. I know Anna and Alex are injured but what happened to Jule? No British men at all, no GG etc.

The semis were too easy with 11 people doing all 4 problems. I think that lead to a slightly random selection because one of the probs that involved consecutive dynamic moves was probably down to luck as to which try you did it. And the entry to final was decided by number of tries with so many doing all the problems.

The video quality was so horrible but it probably made the appalling sound quality less noticeable.

I thought the Chinese? commentator wasn't too bad when you could actually hear what he was saying. He seemed pretty knowledgeable, didn't scream down the mic, though could have done with slightly fewer 'Wooows!" and "incredibles". Also was there was no attempt to keep up with the running scores.

That Iranian guy was particularly impressive, too bad he didn't make the final.

Adam O and Akiyo are my favourites for the overall title now.

Hope things are better for next week's event in Haiyang.
 stp 22 Jun 2015
In reply to winhill:

>
> It's big news and people will be much more likely to read if they see Coxsey in the headline.

I'm not sure most climbers are quite so nationalistic. Its certainly nice to see Brits do well but climbing seems much more international these days, we get up to date news from all over the world thanks to the internet.

If you want to know the results surely you'll click on the title whatever it says?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...