UKC

Snow on the Boccette Way?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JohnnyW 25 Jun 2015

Just wondering if our Southern Dolomites agents had any up to date info on the snow patches on the Boccette Way?

I went a few years ago with some novice pals of mine, and we were foiled on the Boccette Alti by substantial snow over the cables, along with their lack of winter experience.

I am going later next month with a similar group, and am putting the feelers out early for an idea as to whether I may encounter similar issues? I am much later this trip, by more than a month. We have got huggins of snow patches left up here in Scotland, and I am feeling accursed by 'em this year!

Anyone been recently, or may be doing soon and can drop me some up to date info? We are planning going from the Vallesinella to Groste, then Tuckett, Alimonta, Tosa, Apostelli then back to Valesinella.

Cheers,
Post edited at 10:50
OP JohnnyW 30 Jun 2015
In reply to JohnnyW:

Bump, just in case anyone has been since my post?
 Null 30 Jun 2015
In reply to JohnnyW:

You are going end of July ?
I guess you will be fine by then (there is always some snow to negotiate, obviously, where the little glaciers are).
They forecast very hot weather over the next few weeks so it should all thaw out.
You can contact me nearer the time if you want to be sure - I have some friends who work as guides here, and I might even be up myself (or I can phone a refuge).
OP JohnnyW 30 Jun 2015
In reply to Erstwhile:

Brilliant, thanks. I hoped you might be along...you have given me info before for the area, so again, thanks.

I will PM you nearer the time then.

Cheers,

Johnny
OP JohnnyW 23 Jul 2015
In reply to JohnnyW:

Bump.
Anyone been recently? I am going next week.
Mr. Erstwhile, have PM'd you.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...