UKC

Best Edinburgh mountaineering club

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 petrch 10 Jul 2015
Hi all,

I've moving up to Edinburgh in the autumn and looking to join a mountaineering club. Was wondering if anybody had any recommendations on which would be best for relatively serious rock climbing/winter climbing/international trips?

Just to put into context I'm in my 20s and am an experienced climber.

Any advice much appreciated

Cheers,
Chris
 mishabruml 23 Jul 2015
In reply to petrch:

Not super knowledgeable about Edinburgh as I'm based in Glasgow, but the Uni club seems pretty active (EUMC), and there are a number of good Facebook groups that are also pretty active; Glasgow Climbers, Edinburgh Climbers, Central Belt Trad Collective, Fort William & Glencoe: Climbing Partners & Outdoor Events, Cairngorms: Climbing Partners.

The Scottish climbing scene is great, and feels quite small and close-knit once you get to know people. I've been here less than a year and already often see faces I know popping up at crags all over the country, and climb with many different people.

Living in Edinburgh is pretty great climbing-wise. Though Glasgow has got Dumby, Lomond, Arrochar and its quicker to get to Glencoe, Edinburgh has probably got the better end of the central belt local crags, the east coast weather, and of course theres EICA Ratho. Quite a good scene there too, you'll find partners there in no time.
OP petrch 25 Jul 2015
In reply to mishabruml:

Thanks a lot for the info buddy! Looking forward to it. Especially the winter stuff!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...